Here is the link, and here is more information:
Call for Papers: Call for Papers: Spatial and Land Use Implications of Taxis, Jitneys, Paratransit and Flexible Transportation
|JTLU Call for Papers: Spatial and Land Use Implications of Taxis, Jitneys, Paratransit and Flexible Transportation|
Volume Editor: David King ( dk2475 AT columbia.edu ; Columbia University)
The Journal of Transportation and Land Use seeks original research papers that explore issues associated with taxi service, jitneys and other flexible or informal transit systems in cities throughout the world. Ideal papers for this special issue will explore how these transport services influence existing transport networks and urban form, affect travel behavior or negotiate contested urban spaces.
Taxicabs, jitneys, low-cost bus services and other paratransit services represent unique, flexible transit services in cities throughout the world, and recent scholarship has explored regulatory, economic and labor characteristics of these services. Areas that have received less attention include how these services influence travel behavior, complement or compete with conventional transit, and the role of land uses for service provision. GPS and consumer data also provides new opportunities for spatial analysis of driver and passenger trip characteristics at a level of detail previously impossible.
Researchers working in any area of taxicabs, jitneys, flexible or informal transit, both intracity and intercity, are encouraged to consider submitting a paper.
Specific Areas of Interest Include:
• Competition among for-hire vehicles at the curb, including taxis, jitneys, intercity buses and jitneys
• The effect for-hire vehicles have on demand for parking
• Paratransit operations and opportunities
• For-hire vehicles as feeder systems for fixed route transit
• Locational issues with taxi garages, dispatch sites and other facilities
• Land use considerations with for-hire services (stadia, airports, theater districts, etc.)
• Spatial dispersion of taxi, jitney and other services
• Models and simulation of taxi, jitney and other services
• Case studies of novel policies involving for-hire vehicle services, such as use of taxis as paratransit
• Travel behavior and mode choice research
• Social equity issues with regard to service areas
• Urban design characteristics of for-hire vehicle services
• GPS and consumer data used for planning and regulatory purposes
• Spatial analysis of taxicab, jitney or flexible transit services
It is true that with the growing urbanization and busy schedule of the people, money making agencies often sell their services at higher cost then effective. But one must go to the paper work while hiring a car or a property. For peaceful settlement or travel you must go to the terms and conditions very well.
Car Hire Santorini | Santorini Rent a Car
Great post thanks for sharing this information.
Car Rental Santorini
If you go for a rental car in Santorini you should travel around the whole place easily and would have a exclusive time visiting the island's awesome beaches and other areas of beauty and interest such as Caldera Quality Rent a Car
The river presents a breathtaking view of beautiful old buildings, incredible architecture; lots of history. During a boat trip you will have the opportunity to see the many of the most well known symbols of Budapest like the Chain Bridge, the Castle District, the Parliament, the Liberty Statue, Gellért Hill, Gellért Hotel, the National Theatre, Gresham Palace (the Four Season Hotel is located within it), etc. Budapest property investment
Thank you giving Good Information via this Blog
The coronavirus pandemic has demolished New York City’s for-hire vehicles. But Few of the best Limousine New York NY servicing company has introduced Safe and Secured Riding amid COVID19.
Post a Comment